The History Briefing on Presidential Booing: How Historians Contextualized the News
by Chelsea Connolly
Historians Lawrence Glickman, Kevin Kruse, Heather Cox Richardson, and others weigh in on President Trump's not-so-warm welcome at Game 5 of the World Series.
SOURCE: Washington Post
A history of booing the president at MLB games, from ‘we want beer’ to ‘lock him up’
Herbert Hoover, Harry S. Truman, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama were all booed at baseball games.
6 Great World Series!
by Mark Weisenmiller
For over one hundred years, major league baseball’s World Series has both thrilled fans and reflected historical and societal changes in the United States.
SOURCE: The Columbus Dispatch
Wexner to screen newsreel of ’19 World Series found buried in Canada
Call it a cinematic version of buried treasure.
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of