John Huston and Fifty Years of Hollywood History
by Bruce Chadwick
In film after film, he underscored history or, in contemporary films for him, gave later generations of Americans a fine look at the 1940s, 50s and 60s as through the lenses of his cameras.
SOURCE: The Nation
The Nixon Library Needs a New Director, Now
by Jon Wiener
The library has been without a director for two and a half years, ever since the departure of Timothy Naftali in 2011.
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"