by Stanley E. Blake
Historian Stanley Blake sketches the long struggle over the Amazon between indigenous peoples and those Brazilians who see it as the key to Brazil's economic future.
SOURCE: Regina Leader-Post
It’s the subject of public debate during Indigenous research week.
SOURCE: CBC News
That’s the question roiling a Halifax university in Canada.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau affirmed that the chiefs had acted in ‘war, not murder’ when they attacked white settlers who had encroached on their land.
SOURCE: National Post
Sir John A. Macdonald's treatment of Indigenous people has come under fire in recent years.
by Jason McGraw
Juan Valdez is mad as hell and he’s not going to take it anymore.
- Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham on the AP Af-Am Studies Controversy
- 600 African American Studies Faculty Sign Open Letter in Defense of AP African American Studies
- Organization of American Historians Statement on AP African American Studies
- Historians on DeSantis and the Fight Over Black History
- How the Right Got Waco Wrong