The World Cup will depart Volgograd on Thursday after a final first-round game in this city along the Volga River. What will remain are all the echoes of the past.
by Eduardo Galeano
"These days, soccer fanaticism has come to occupy the place formerly reserved for religious fervor, patriotic ardor, and political passion."
- Russian Police Detain History Professor After Protest
- Why We Keep Reinventing Abraham Lincoln
- Four Principles to Guide Us on Whose Statues Should Topple and Whose Should Remain
- History Professor Describes His Experience With COVID-19, Teaching In Historic Times
- 52 Years Ago, Thelonious Monk Played a High School. Now Everyone Can Hear It.