SOURCE: Los Angeles Times
I Danced in the Streets after Allende’s Victory in Chile 50 Years Ago. Now I See its Lessons for Today
by Ariel Dorfman
The Chilean author Ariel Dorfman warns that while his country elected a democratic socialist in a landmark election, it was unprepared to deal with violent and ruthless efforts to maintain the status quo. Joe Biden is no socialist, but if he wins, his administration and Americans at large must be similarly prepared.
SOURCE: Imperial & Global Forum
by Chris Dietrich
So what was the American role in Allende’s overthrow?
- How Malcolm X Inspired John Coltrane to Embrace Islamic Spirituality
- Connecticut Professor Sends Controversial Anti-1619 Project Email Blast to Public School Superintendents
- France Battles Over Whether to "Cancel" or Celebrate Napoleon
- West Virginia Univ. Researcher Wins Carnegie Award for Study of Appalachian Feminism
- Teacher Appreciation Week: In a Tough Year, These Educators Stood Out