SOURCE: Los Angeles Times
Historians Yve Chavez, Philip Ethington and William Deverell comment on the conflicted legacy of the historic mission structure.
SOURCE: The Activist Historian Review
by DJ Polite
It is misleading to call impeachment "justice" when it reflects the priorities of empire.
SOURCE: USA Today
USA Today publishes article alleging just that.
by Zeb Larson
Twenty-five years ago, South Africa peacefully transitioned from a white-minority government to a black majority government, yet the legacy of apartheid still lingers today.
SOURCE: New Historian
“This closely matches the historical reports of a major demographic collapse immediately after the Spaniards arrived in the late 1400s.”
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time