by Andrea Mazzarino
The creation of DHS in the wake of the 9/11 attacks was a profound reorganization of the government that created a prodigiously-funded "security" apparatus that views threats to Americans through the dangerous lens of "insiders" vs. "outsiders".
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Eric Wemple
Post media critic Eric Wemple says the media allowed "Anonymous" to float the belief that responsible public servants were checking the worst impulses of the Trump administration when, in fact, they accomplished nothing of the sort.
SOURCE: The Intercept
U.S. Customs and Border Protection wants to destroy thousands of complaint records it claims have no historical value.
SOURCE: USA Today
Christopher McKnight Nichols, who teaches history at Oregon State University and splits time between the school’s base in Corvallis and Portland, said the long trail of discrimination in Oregon informed the protests in a liberal city long known for its activism.
- Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham on the AP Af-Am Studies Controversy
- 600 African American Studies Faculty Sign Open Letter in Defense of AP African American Studies
- Organization of American Historians Statement on AP African American Studies
- Historians on DeSantis and the Fight Over Black History
- How the Right Got Waco Wrong