SOURCE: Stanford Daily
by David Palumbo-Liu
A Stanford scholar of Asian American Studies decries the university administration's dismissal of faculty complaints that the conservative Hoover Institution has produced disinformation about both COVID-19 and the integrity of the 2020 presidential election under the imprimatur of Stanford's academic reputation.
SOURCE: The New Republic
"The problem isn’t simply which horses a newly contrite Charles Koch chooses to back, but the extent to which his extreme wealth and his commitment to a system that enshrines the power of the rich has shaped the entire racetrack."
SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Education
Ill-informed and arguably dangerous pronouncements about COVID-19 made by fellows of Stanford's Hoover Institution have brought longstanding tensions between the conservative think tank and the university's faculty to the surface.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
by Ronald Radosh
The otherwise ideologically opposed billionaires are the latest unlikely pair to find common ground in the idea that American power is the root cause of the world’s problems.
SOURCE: Daniel Pipes Blog
by Daniel Pipes
"Foreign funding of think tanks is corrupting our democracy."
- 1957 Jerry Jones Photo Shows How Close The Past Really Is
- "Nutcracker" Rooted in Dark Parts of Russian History
- Black Germans Hope to Change Name of Berlin's "Uncle Tom's Cabin" Metro Station
- DeSantis-Backed School Boards Flex Power to Oust District Leaders
- Separating Good and Silly Criticism of FIRE in the Campus Speech Debate