by Olivier Wieviorka
While national histories of wartime resistance are plentiful, the European dimension of the shadow army has rarely been taken into account.
SOURCE: NY Review of Books
by Garry Wills
Obama is wrong to suggest that voting and only voting is the way to express one’s opposition to a tyrant like Trump.
by Walter G. Moss
The series explores what happens when a fictional French village during World War 2 is occupied by Nazis. Some people resist. Others collaborate.
by Holly Scott
That can end badly if it devolves into infighting.
by Patrick Henry
Her latest study breaks new ground even as it reiterates the major themes of her illustrious life’s work.
- Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?
- Trump Vows To Veto Defense Bill If It Removes Confederate Names From Military Bases
- Fourth of July: Beer’s Patriotic Connection to the Founding Fathers
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire