by Michael Goodyear
It wasn’t Europe that gave us our idea of the Byzantines. They crafted their own Western European image.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Theodore Christou
Russian President Vladimir Putin has been described as a Byzantine Emperor in style, positioning Russia as the “third Rome.”
SOURCE: New Historian
37 shipwrecks from the Byzantine Empire have been discovered as part of archaeological excavations that began in Turkey in 2004.
SOURCE: Hurriyet Daily News
Officials of the Istanbul Archaeology Museum sent two archaeologists to the construction site to examine the entrance of the cistern and work was halted.
- How Malcolm X Inspired John Coltrane to Embrace Islamic Spirituality
- Connecticut Professor Sends Controversial Anti-1619 Project Email Blast to Public School Superintendents
- France Battles Over Whether to "Cancel" or Celebrate Napoleon
- West Virginia Univ. Researcher Wins Carnegie Award for Study of Appalachian Feminism
- Teacher Appreciation Week: In a Tough Year, These Educators Stood Out