by Zachary Lockman
A response to A.J. Caschetta from the chair of the North America wing of the Middle East Studies Association’s Committee on Academic Freedom.
by A.J. Caschetta
MESA portrays Barghouti as a dissident who has been unfairly treated but Barghouti is much more than an outspoken activist whose opinions conflict with U.S. policy.
Why the Middle East Studies Association Raised Concerns About the Publication of Stolen Iraqi Documents
by Laurie A. Brand
It’s not because the Association has an allegedly anti-West bias.
Why Is the Middle East Studies Association Trying to Stop the Online Publication of Islamic State Documents?
by Aymenn Jawad al-Tamimi
The group’s stated reasons make no sense.
by Daniel Pipes
After we challenged a state university’s ties with a radical institution in the West Bank lauded by Hamas as a “greenhouse for martyrs” the Middle East Studies Association attacked us.
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
Nathan J. Brown, a professor of political science and international affairs at George Washington University who will be completing a two-year term as Mesa’s president, argued this week in an email that the planned panel discussion was "about the Salaita case, not about Israel."
- How the US stole thousands of Native American children
- A history of selling out the Kurds, people with 'no friends but the mountains'
- 9 Landmark Supreme Court Cases That Shaped LGBTQ Rights in America
- A newspaper accused the president’s family of profiting from a foreign deal. The president sued.
- Here are the indigenous people Christopher Columbus and his men could not annihilate
- Serhii Plokhii on Ukraine’s Political Frontiers
- ‘Return to the Reich’ Review: Refugee Redux
- Black Perspectives Announces Online Forum Honoring the Life and Work of Dr. Rosalyn Terborg-Penn
- It was the nation’s largest auction of enslaved people. Now, a search for descendants of the ‘weeping time.’
- Historians Jon Meacham, Mark Summers, Keri Leigh Merritt, Michael Ross, Brenda Wineapple, and Benjamin Railton Featured in Article on Andrew Johnson and Impeachment