SOURCE: The Progressive
Despite Aggressive Rebrand, Charles Koch is Still Fighting Against Democracy
by Nancy MacLean and Lisa Graves
The media have latched on to Charles Koch's recent expressions of regret over partisanship. But this is a rebranding, not a redirection.
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
New Heterodox Academy Leader's Ties to Koch Network Compromise Intellectual Diversity Mission
by John Warner
The leadership choice for Heterodox Academy shows the organization is more oriented toward fighting the left than truly promoting diversity of thought.
SOURCE: The New Republic
Charles Koch Got the Free-Market Dystopia He Wanted. Now He’d Like Your Approval
"The problem isn’t simply which horses a newly contrite Charles Koch chooses to back, but the extent to which his extreme wealth and his commitment to a system that enshrines the power of the rich has shaped the entire racetrack."
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
The War Against Endless War Heats Up With Koch-Soros Salvo
by Ronald Radosh
The otherwise ideologically opposed billionaires are the latest unlikely pair to find common ground in the idea that American power is the root cause of the world’s problems.
Conservatives complain about "Duke Historian Nancy Maclean's Wacky Conspiracy Theory"
by David E. Bernstein
They don't like her recent book and dismiss her comments about the recent split between the Koch brothers and Donald Trump.
SOURCE: Tom Dispatch
The Oilman Who Loved Dictators
by Adam Hochschild
Or How Texaco Supported Fascism
SOURCE: Media Matters
North Carolina Newspapers Mostly Silent As ALEC And Koch Brothers Rewrite History
North Carolina newspapers have largely missed the connection between a Koch-funded education non-profit organization contracted to help shape new statewide history curriculum materials.
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- US House "Parental Rights" Bill Threatens to Take Book Banning Nationwide
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History