SOURCE: World Socialist Web Site
“When the Declaration says that all men are created equal, that is no myth”
SOURCE: Los Angeles Review of Books
by Scott Porch
His latest work is a collection of significant Revolutionary War pamphlets put out by the Library of America.
SOURCE: The Way of Improvement Leads Home (blog)
by John Fea
In an article in the conservative Weekly Standard he lionized Bernard Bailyn.
SOURCE: The Weekly Standard
"Although Bernard Bailyn is one of the most distinguished historians in the Western world, he is not as well known as he should be."
- A farm boy became a fearsome warrior at Iwo Jima. And he did it with a flamethrower.
- Plymouth Rock vandalized with red graffiti ahead of 400th anniversary of Mayflower landing
- The enslaved people who built and staffed the White House: An afterthought no more
- Truman and Coolidge go up, Jefferson and Jackson go down. How history remembers presidents
- George Steiner: The Last Viennese Jew
- Renowned presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin finally takes on George Washington
- Legal Historian Jed Shugerman Says William Barr's Actions Are "Remarkably Not Normal"
- Historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat Quoted in Washington Post Article on Trump's Quest to Rewrite History
- This one-of-a-kind conference celebrates the real people behind the Underground Railroad
- Zara Steiner, distinguished scholar of diplomatic history, dies at 91