SOURCE: The New Republic
TNR's "Politics of Everything" podcast discusses how bipartisanship came to be the end of politics instead of a means to achieve other goals. Features historian Julian Zelizer.
SOURCE: In These Times
Article on History of Failed Bipartisanship Features Quotes from Manisha Sinha, Eric Foner, Corey Robin, Thomas Frank, Nancy Maclean, and Rick Perlstein
by Branko Marcetic
Biden wants to bring the parties together. But for 50 years, that's meant the Right winning every time.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Louis Galambos
History provides a lesson about how the United States can return to bipartisanship and more civil political discourse.
by Sheldon M. Stern
What Republican hardliner Charlie Halleck told JFK during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- Studying History Should not be Only for the Elite, Say Academics
- How Malcolm X Inspired John Coltrane to Embrace Islamic Spirituality
- Connecticut Professor Sends Controversial Anti-1619 Project Email Blast to Public School Superintendents
- France Battles Over Whether to "Cancel" or Celebrate Napoleon
- West Virginia Univ. Researcher Wins Carnegie Award for Study of Appalachian Feminism