Environmental Protection Agency
SOURCE: Legal History Blog
Legal Historians as Authority in West Virginia v. EPA
This is a note identifying the legal history sources cited in both Elena Kagan's dissent and Neil Gorsuch's concurrence in the court's ruling limiting the power of the EPA to limit emissions.
Hope And Skepticism As Biden Promises To Address Environmental Racism
"The federal government has known of environmental injustice for decades. Presidents have promised to address it. But a legacy of weak laws and spotty enforcement has left Black, brown and poor communities mired in pollution and health hazards."
SOURCE: The Guardian
Erin Brockovich to Joe Biden: Are You Kidding Me?
"Are you really listening to the science or are you listening to an industry insider, who is controlling the message?"
SOURCE: The New Yorker
An Earth Day Reminder of How the Republicans Have Forsaken the Environment
by Elizabeth Kolbert
Professors James Morton Turner and Andrew Isenberg's recent book identifies the Reagan Revolution as the moment the Republican Party rejected environmental regulation and made further protective legislation politically unthinkable for a generation.
Is America Going the Way of Norse Greenland?
by Fred Zilian
Like the Norse, the Trump administration is showing indifference to long-term interests.
The Secret History of the EPA
by Carol Van Strum
The EPA, created with much fanfare by Richard Nixon in 1970, was an agency crippled at birth by inadequate funding, political hypocrisy, and laws protecting industry profits above all.
- A Secret Joke Clouds Harvard's Affirmative Action Case
- An Amateur Historian Helped Find Richard III's Remains Under a Parking Garage. Her Story Hits the Screen
- Why LAUSD Teachers Walked Out
- The Role of US Evangelicals in Radicalizing Ugandans Against LGBTQ Rights
- Culture Warrior Chris Rufo is DeSantis's Most Important Ally
- The PR War for Cancer Awareness has Reduced the Stigma, but not the Cost, of Illness
- The Jim Crow Reign of Terror
- Francesca Morgan Dissects the American Obsession with Genealogy
- Florida Legislation Recalls the Tragic History behind Fights for Sex Education
- Kate Strasdin Breaks Down Authenticity on Bridgerton and other Costume Dramas