by Lawrence Wittner
Hiring soldiers of fortune to wage war has long been profitable to mercenaries and politically advantageous to rulers. Its modern resurgence with the American Blackwater organization and the Russian Wagner Group show the need for stronger cooperative security to prevent human rights abuse.
- Feminism Can't Ignore the Power of Sexual Freedom
- Political Scientist Skocpol: "Stop the Steal" is Metaphor for White Resentment
- Airbnb Listings Latest Case of Trivializing, Commercializing Slave Cabins
- Life Sentences for Arbery's Killers Nothing to Celebrate
- Julius Klein Helped German Companies Hide Nazi Links. Why Does a Jewish Museum Honor Him?