by Keisha N. Blain
"Throughout history, and in the most difficult circumstances — especially after experiencing great personal loss — mothers have often turned their grief and despair into political action."
SOURCE: Huff Post
The woman responsible for creating the holiday ended up in a mental institution. It's said she sacrificed her health in her fight against the holiday's commercialization.
Why we celebrate it. Who dreamed it up.
- Civics Teacher and Students Help Win Exoneration for Last Convicted Witch in Massachusetts
- Orban's American Apologists
- After Winning as An Activist Preacher, Can Warnock Win Again as an Effective Pragmatist?
- Youngkin's Neoconfederate Nominee to State Historical Board Resigns
- Commission Recommends Change to Massachusetts State Seal, Motto