Arthur Schlesinger Jr
SOURCE: NY Review of Books
Writer impressed with Arthur Schlesinger Jr.’s evolving attitude toward Robert Kennedy
by David Margolick
In his 6,000 word daily journal Schlesinger never even bothered to note when he first met RFK. Later he fell in love.
SOURCE: The Nation
Arthur Schlesinger Jr. is the subject of a biography, “Schlesinger: The Imperial Historian"
by David Marcus
It’s by Richard Aldous.
Was Robert Kennedy Really the Dove He and Arthur Schlesinger Jr. Made Him Out to Be During the Cuban Missile Crisis? (Part 2)
by Sheldon M. Stern
That’s not what the audio tapes show, says Sheldon Stern, in Part 2 of his series, “Capturing History as it Really Happened in October 1962.”
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"