by Helmut Smith
As graduate student visiting imperial Germany in 1892, W.E.B. Du Bois was shaped by observations of social welfare policy and experiences of social acceptance that contrasted dramatically with Gilded Age and Jim Crow America.
by Aaron Leonard
When DuBois visited China and other forgotten history from the Cold War.
- The 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre: Looking Back, Looking Ahead: May 19
- Society of American Historians Announces 2021 Prize Winners
- Studying History Should not be Only for the Elite, Say Academics
- How Malcolm X Inspired John Coltrane to Embrace Islamic Spirituality
- Connecticut Professor Sends Controversial Anti-1619 Project Email Blast to Public School Superintendents