Fred Logevall, author of a new JFK biography, discusses the 1960 presidential debates between Kennedy and Nixon.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Chris Lamb
"Dan Quayle was a one-term vice president whose greatest contribution to politics came in a VP debate. In the dog-eat-dog world of politics, no politician since has wanted to end up on the Quayle end of the fire hydrant."
by Ron Faucheux
In a close election, a debate can matter, and debates are lost more than they are won. Some examples from the television era of campaigning should give viewers a sense of how to judge Biden and Trump on Tuesday night.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Biden drove home the point that he would be a steady, pragmatic hand at an uncertain time.
by Josh Zeitz
Would you want to listen to three-and-a-half hours of Abraham Lincoln?
- Erika Lee and Carol Anderson on Myths and Realities of Race in American History
- Banished Podcast: Sunshine State's Descent Into Darkness
- Caroline Dodds Pennock on The Indigenous Americans Who Visited Europe
- Why Can't the Democrats Build a Governing Majority? (Review of Timothy Shenk)
- Victimhood and Vengeance: The Reactionary Roots of Christian Nationalism