SOURCE: New York Times
Will the US Build an Embassy on Palestinian Land in Jerusalem?
by Rashid Khalidi
As the new ultra-right wing Israeli government prepares to escalate the dispossession of Palestinians in the West Bank and Jerusalem, the United States should not allow the siting of its embassy to give cover to this project.
SOURCE: The Conversation
Hunger Strikes are Powerful Stands Against Injustice
by Nayan Shah
The hunger strike is a potent tool of resistance when the balance of formal power is highly unequal.
The Unbearable Easiness of Killing
by Arie M. Dubnov
"As a colleague justly commented, it is only helpful to call a situation ‘complicated’ if one is committed to unfolding the package, willing to examine its contents and prepared to be surprised by what one finds hidden inside."
Israeli Rights Group: Nation Isn't a Democracy but an "Apartheid Regime"
B'Tselem declared that "the traditional view of Israel as a democracy operating side-by-side with a temporary Israeli occupation in the territories 'imposed on some five million Palestinian subjects ... has grown divorced from reality'." The Israeli embassy in London dismissed the finding.
Why Israelis Backed the Civil Rights Movement but Fear Black Lives Matter
by Chemi Shalev
After more than 40 years of right-wing rule, Israelis identify and are identified more with ruling whites than with oppressed Blacks.
SOURCE: Air Mail
by Ronald C. Rosbottom
The German occupation crushed ordinary life in Paris as its citizens hid from the “brown plague.”
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"