SOURCE: Pacific Standard Magazine
Princeton University historian Kevin Kruse offers lessons in how to push back against the claims of the far right
His battle with Dinesh D’Souza.
by Adam Laats
The rightwing activist makes the bogus argument that the GOP is the party of racial justice. But facts won’t carry the day.
That’s the reason name historians show up in his widely discredited film.
At a screening in northern Ohio’s Medina County, it was a hit.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
by Ronald Radosh
His crackpottery is being applauded in conservative outlets that seem to have been infected by a strain of whataboutism that one could call Trump Derangement Derangement Syndrome.
SOURCE: The Hill
Conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, who was recently pardoned by President Trump, is making comparisons for his next film between the Democratic resistance to Trump and how Democrats didn’t accept President Lincoln’s reelection during the Civil War.
SOURCE: The American Conservative
by Paul Gottfried
Forget Trump---Goldberg, Prager, and D’Souza muddle facts to sell books all the time.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
A Case Western Reserve historian spotted the error.
by Michael Todd Landis
Here’s the sad truth.
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time