by Kathryn Smith
FDR's success in promoting the New Deal and rallying Americans to the defense of Europe against fascism was a triumph over the nation's right-wing newspaper barons.
SOURCE: NBC News
Richard White and Brad DeLong consider how the megabillionaire's bid for Twitter stacks up against other efforts by the ultra-rich to build media empires – is it more about attention and less about advancing financial interests?
by Walter G. Moss
Historical perspective shows that media bias is nothing new, but the stakes for democracy are high today. Can historians teach and practice better ways of reading and debating to fight polarization and misinformation?
SOURCE: Lapham’s Quarterly
by Jonathan Zimmerman
Another news cycle, another media mogul stirring up electoral buzz.
SOURCE: The Guardian
Memos show media mogul William Randolph Hearst’s executives conspired to undermine Welles and stop release of film.
- Feminism Can't Ignore the Power of Sexual Freedom
- Political Scientist Skocpol: "Stop the Steal" is Metaphor for White Resentment
- Airbnb Listings Latest Case of Trivializing, Commercializing Slave Cabins
- Life Sentences for Arbery's Killers Nothing to Celebrate
- Julius Klein Helped German Companies Hide Nazi Links. Why Does a Jewish Museum Honor Him?