Castro praises Obama on climate
The former Cuban President Fidel Castro has praised US President Barack Obama's speech before the UN General Assembly for its words on climate change.
Mr Castro described President Obama's admission that the US had been too slow to act on climate change as a brave gesture.
But he added that the American capitalist system was incompatible with a clean planet.
He praised the American president for saying that the US had been slow to act on climate change and that richer countries had to take the lead since they had caused much of the damage.
No other US president, he said, would have had the courage to make such remarks.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding