New infomercial revives 'birther' controversy
Led by Bill Keller, a born-again Christian once convicted of insider trading on Wall Street, LivePrayer.com is working with an attorney, Gary Kreep, from the Ramona, California-based United States Justice Foundation, to air the production, titled"Where Was Obama Born?" in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, , and . The half-hour program implores President Obama to reveal the details of his birth, which they say is something that the president has"vigorously fought," and asks viewers to send in a $30 donation. In doing so, donors are told that they'll receive a"Got a birth certificate" bumper sticker, in addition to having a fax bearing their name and demanding President Obama to produce a birth certificate sent to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and the 50 . Kreep told Talking Points Memo that the recent airings of the spot have produced"something like 1,500 to 2,000 faxes" so far.
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals