Adolf Hitler's war record among hundreds of thousands published online
Ancestry.co.uk said the records detail the full military careers of 1.5 million Bavarian soldiers and were originally held by the Bavarian State Archives.
Individual records detail the name, rank, date and place of birth, service record, religion, occupation and other information.
Among the soldiers named are 25-year-old Lance Corporal Adolf Hitler, described as an artist, of Catholic religion.
Ancestry.co.uk international content director Dan Jones said: ''As Germany becomes more comfortable with the idea of exploring its own military past - and in particular the First World War - it is important that no matter which side of the war our ancestors fought on, we all have the opportunity to remember them.
''Over the past century Germans have migrated around the world and so we expect these records to be of interest to many people and in many countries.''
comments powered by Disqus
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in