We can be proud of our role in Iraq, defiant Campbell tells inquiry
He did, however, acknowledge that more could have been done to instil public trust in the process that led to the invasion of Iraq in March 2003.
As the first political witness before Sir John Chilcot’s inquiry into the Iraq war, Mr Blair’s former communications and strategy director was questioned on his role in preparing the government dossier of intelligence on Saddam Hussein’s weapons of mass destruction in September 2002.
Mr Campbell said that he had provided only “presentational advice” at the request of Sir John Scarlett, the chairman of the Joint Intelligence Committee. “At no time did I ask him to beef up, to override, any of the judgments that he had,” Mr Campbell said. “The whole way through it could not have been made clearer to everybody that nothing would override the intelligence judgments and that John Scarlett was the person who, if you like, had the single pen.”
comments powered by Disqus
nerriwy wang - 1/14/2010
Bridal retailer, Wedding dresses,Bridal dresses,Cheap wedding dresses,Inexpensive wedding dresses,
Cheap wedding gowns,Bridal wedding dress,Wedding website
Flower Girl Dresses
Party, Evening and Celebrity dresses – endless selection of styles, colours and the latest celebrity trends in the Goddiva boutique at fantastic prices
Mother Of The Bride Dresses
cheap wedding dresses
Dresses, evening, cocktail, prom dresses, formal gowns from eDressMe. Homecoming dresses and bridesmaid
john richard barker - 1/14/2010
the rats do not get off the sinking ship.
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left