Most Tea Partiers call America a Christian nation, study finds
More than half of self-identified Tea Party members say America is a Christian nation, while just over four out of 10 white evangelicals believe that - the same as the proportion of the general population that says so.
The details come from the American Values Survey, released Tuesday by the Public Religion Research Institute.
Some findings from the telephone survey of more than 3,000 Americans confirm the conventional wisdom....
comments powered by Disqus
Greg L Reinders - 10/6/2010
Unfortunatly there exists all sorts of data showing this is another whish statement of the Tea Party folks. Recently polls show members the various sects do not know what their religion believes. The Tea Party seems believe its wishes are facts. I think it is scary to think these ideas seem to picked up traction, with a gullible part of the public.
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'
- Curators at Victoria and Albert Museum are pushing the boundaries of collecting
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation