Most Tea Partiers call America a Christian nation, study finds
More than half of self-identified Tea Party members say America is a Christian nation, while just over four out of 10 white evangelicals believe that - the same as the proportion of the general population that says so.
The details come from the American Values Survey, released Tuesday by the Public Religion Research Institute.
Some findings from the telephone survey of more than 3,000 Americans confirm the conventional wisdom....
comments powered by Disqus
Greg L Reinders - 10/6/2010
Unfortunatly there exists all sorts of data showing this is another whish statement of the Tea Party folks. Recently polls show members the various sects do not know what their religion believes. The Tea Party seems believe its wishes are facts. I think it is scary to think these ideas seem to picked up traction, with a gullible part of the public.
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals