Questions for Donald H. Rumsfeld: Unrepentance Day
I just really loved serving in government, and I’ve also loved being out of government in business and doing other things, so I looked at it and what’s going on in current events and wish those folks well, but I have a distance from it.
What do you think of President Obama’s strategy in Afghanistan?
I’ve got a lot of respect for General Petraeus. I’m not going to characterize from this distance.
I was disappointed that our administration took off after [former president Pervez] Musharraf and suggested he resign from the military. It’s not clear to me that we ought to be the ones to judge what a leader in Pakistan ought to wear to the office, and it seems to me that if you’re going to fuss at what you have, you better have something better in mind, and we haven’t had something better.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians