Questions for Donald H. Rumsfeld: Unrepentance Day
I just really loved serving in government, and I’ve also loved being out of government in business and doing other things, so I looked at it and what’s going on in current events and wish those folks well, but I have a distance from it.
What do you think of President Obama’s strategy in Afghanistan?
I’ve got a lot of respect for General Petraeus. I’m not going to characterize from this distance.
I was disappointed that our administration took off after [former president Pervez] Musharraf and suggested he resign from the military. It’s not clear to me that we ought to be the ones to judge what a leader in Pakistan ought to wear to the office, and it seems to me that if you’re going to fuss at what you have, you better have something better in mind, and we haven’t had something better.
comments powered by Disqus
- Richard III Really Ate and Drank Like a King
- Where’s the one place in the world where nobody’s messed with WW II relics?
- Secrets of the Clinton Library
- Beloit College is out with its annual list of what freshman know ... Tiny Tim? Carl Sagan? Forget about it.
- India Bans Indira Gandhi Assassination Film
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is