China accuses Japanese leaders of denying history
China's Foreign Ministry said late Tuesday the Japanese government was trying to deny Japan's history of militarism as China and other countries mark the 60th anniversary of the World War II surrender this year.
Ministry spokesman Kong Quan said in a statement the Japanese government had taken action to water down its history of militarism prior to 1945. Japanese forces occupied parts of China from 1931 through the end of World War II. (Kyodo News)
comments powered by Disqus
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding
- Research by Richard Brown and Doron S. Ben-Atar sheds light on colonial bestiality
- Glenn Feldman wins prize for book, "The Irony of the Solid South"
- Prolific Wikipedia editor of women's lit dies in rock climbing accident
- Ronald Radosh says he's under attack from leftists