Glasgow's £74m Riverside Museum opens to public
Glasgow's new £74m Riverside Museum will be officially opened later.
The venue, on the banks of the River Clyde, will showcase the city's transport, shipbuilding and engineering heritage.
It was designed by prize-winning architect Zaha Hadid and houses more than 3,000 exhibits, in about 150 displays.
The Riverside Museum will be the third home for Glasgow's transport collection since the 1960s and the first major museum the council has built since The Burrell Collection opened in 1983....
comments powered by Disqus
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is
- Georgetown U. Professor Compares Israel to ISIS
- It’s not 1939, says Deborah Lipstadt, but Jews have a right to be worried