Glasgow's £74m Riverside Museum opens to public
Glasgow's new £74m Riverside Museum will be officially opened later.
The venue, on the banks of the River Clyde, will showcase the city's transport, shipbuilding and engineering heritage.
It was designed by prize-winning architect Zaha Hadid and houses more than 3,000 exhibits, in about 150 displays.
The Riverside Museum will be the third home for Glasgow's transport collection since the 1960s and the first major museum the council has built since The Burrell Collection opened in 1983....
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years