Glasgow's £74m Riverside Museum opens to public
Glasgow's new £74m Riverside Museum will be officially opened later.
The venue, on the banks of the River Clyde, will showcase the city's transport, shipbuilding and engineering heritage.
It was designed by prize-winning architect Zaha Hadid and houses more than 3,000 exhibits, in about 150 displays.
The Riverside Museum will be the third home for Glasgow's transport collection since the 1960s and the first major museum the council has built since The Burrell Collection opened in 1983....
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians