Video camera reveals secrets of ancient Mayan tomb
The inside of a Mayan tomb thought to be 1,500 years old has been filmed by archaeologists for the first time.
Using a tiny video camera, the researchers were able to capture images of the burial chamber in Palenque in south-eastern Mexico.
As the device was lowered 16ft (5m) down into the tomb, they saw red paint and black figures emblazoned on its walls.
The scientists say the images will shed new light on the Mayan civilisation ..........
comments powered by Disqus
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original