Speakers remember Betty Ford's love for family, those struggling
Former first lady Betty Ford was remembered Tuesday as a woman whose disclosures about her personal battles showed courage and grace and brought encouragement to others.
A former president and first ladies present and past joined family members Tuesday afternoon at the first of two services for Ford.
Among those attending were former President George W. Bush, who escorted former first lady Nancy Reagan to a pew, and current first lady Michelle Obama and former first lady Hillary Clinton.
A military honor guard escorted Ford's casket, covered by a white shroud bearing a large blue cross....
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding