Speakers remember Betty Ford's love for family, those struggling
Former first lady Betty Ford was remembered Tuesday as a woman whose disclosures about her personal battles showed courage and grace and brought encouragement to others.
A former president and first ladies present and past joined family members Tuesday afternoon at the first of two services for Ford.
Among those attending were former President George W. Bush, who escorted former first lady Nancy Reagan to a pew, and current first lady Michelle Obama and former first lady Hillary Clinton.
A military honor guard escorted Ford's casket, covered by a white shroud bearing a large blue cross....
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!