World's oldest football rulebook auctioned for £881,250
The world's oldest football rulebook, belonging to the first ever club Sheffield FC, has been sold at auction for £881,250.
The handwritten pamphlet from 1857 is thought to be one of the earliest instructions on the sport and was sold as part of an archive of the club.
It was sold to an anonymous bidder at auctioneer Sotheby's which described it as an important historical document....
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse