World's oldest football rulebook auctioned for £881,250
The world's oldest football rulebook, belonging to the first ever club Sheffield FC, has been sold at auction for £881,250.
The handwritten pamphlet from 1857 is thought to be one of the earliest instructions on the sport and was sold as part of an archive of the club.
It was sold to an anonymous bidder at auctioneer Sotheby's which described it as an important historical document....
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years