World's oldest football rulebook auctioned for £881,250
The world's oldest football rulebook, belonging to the first ever club Sheffield FC, has been sold at auction for £881,250.
The handwritten pamphlet from 1857 is thought to be one of the earliest instructions on the sport and was sold as part of an archive of the club.
It was sold to an anonymous bidder at auctioneer Sotheby's which described it as an important historical document....
comments powered by Disqus
- Heffron, of WWII's Band of Brothers, Dies at 90
- Fully 70 percent of films from silent era are lost, according to Library of Congress report
- "Secret" Labyrinth of Tunnels under Rome Mapped
- Florida Tribe Re-Creates Daring Escape From The Trail Of Tears
- Evolution, Civil War history entwine in plant fossil with a tragic past