World's oldest football rulebook auctioned for £881,250
The world's oldest football rulebook, belonging to the first ever club Sheffield FC, has been sold at auction for £881,250.
The handwritten pamphlet from 1857 is thought to be one of the earliest instructions on the sport and was sold as part of an archive of the club.
It was sold to an anonymous bidder at auctioneer Sotheby's which described it as an important historical document....
comments powered by Disqus
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left
- Fox to turn Doris Kearns Goodwin’s “No Ordinary Time” into a 10 hour series on FDR and Eleanor
- Martin Kramer says Columbia University professors claim Israelis are the new Nazis