World's oldest football rulebook auctioned for £881,250
The world's oldest football rulebook, belonging to the first ever club Sheffield FC, has been sold at auction for £881,250.
The handwritten pamphlet from 1857 is thought to be one of the earliest instructions on the sport and was sold as part of an archive of the club.
It was sold to an anonymous bidder at auctioneer Sotheby's which described it as an important historical document....
comments powered by Disqus
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original