American Historical Association: Pacific Coast Branch (Videos)
This conference was held in Seattle in August 2011.
Mom: The Transformation of Motherhood
Bush's Wars: Roundtable on Terry Anderson's Book
- David Anderson: Understanding the Origins of U.S. Intervention in Vietnam
- David Schmitz: Understanding the Origins of U.S. Intervention in Vietnam
- Matthew Masur: Understanding the Origins of U.S. Intervention in Vietnam
- Jessica Elkind: Understanding the Origins of U.S. Intervention in Vietnam
- Kathleen Belew: Timothy McVeigh's Vietnam War in Oklahoma
- Simeon Man: Asian American Veterans and the 'Gook Syndrome'
Religion and Politics
- Larry McAndrews: Carter, Catholics and Abortion
- Elise Boxer: Mormon Manifest Destiny, Mormon Whiteness and Racial Formations
- Christopher Schlect: The Great Depression and the Elasticity of Fundamentalism
- Janine Giordano Drake: What Does Fundamentalism Have to Do with Class?
- W. Andrew Tooley: Evangelical Methodists and Postwar Conservatism
Great Power Intervention in the Middle East
comments powered by Disqus
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding