Was football being played 300 years before we thought AND was it invented by the Scots?
It has been the nation’s favourite game for centuries.
And now historians have discovered evidence that suggests football is actually 350 years older than first thought.
Experts believed the modern version of the game was established in the 19th century, with earlier matches involving barbaric scraps between dozens of players on pitches two miles long.
However, documents suggest that British royals hosted less chaotic games in their courtyards in the late 15th century....
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!