Did Neatherthals interbreed with humans because Neatherthals were smarter?
We like to think our superior brainpower led to their demise.
But it seems the real reason the Neanderthals died out may be because they were too clever for their own good.
Researchers say that rather than being outwitted by the superior intellect of modern man, our caveman cousins were every bit as sophisticated.
Their brains and charms led to them being sought as mates by our ancestors, who, due to simple numbers, soon began to rule the roost.
Arizona State University academics came up with the theory after running data about life in Europe and Asia during the last Ice Age through a computer program....
comments powered by Disqus
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in