Did Neatherthals interbreed with humans because Neatherthals were smarter?
We like to think our superior brainpower led to their demise.
But it seems the real reason the Neanderthals died out may be because they were too clever for their own good.
Researchers say that rather than being outwitted by the superior intellect of modern man, our caveman cousins were every bit as sophisticated.
Their brains and charms led to them being sought as mates by our ancestors, who, due to simple numbers, soon began to rule the roost.
Arizona State University academics came up with the theory after running data about life in Europe and Asia during the last Ice Age through a computer program....
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch