Lucifer over Lancashire! Could this derelict cottage have been the setting for the Pendle witches' coven?
It was the setting for one of England’s most infamous witches’ covens.
So the discovery of a mummified cat sealed into the walls of a 17th century cottage was yesterday described by historians as ‘spellbinding’.
The unfortunate animal – associated with witches for centuries – was apparently buried alive to protect the inhabitants from evil spirits....
comments powered by Disqus
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions