Madonna Caves in French Swastika Kerfuffle
After sparking a rows twice this summer in Paris, pop icon Madonna struck a conciliatory note in the South of France on Tuesday night at her MDNA Tour concert in Nice. Gone was the litigious swastika pasted on a French politician's likeness, but for once, the singer was accused of cowering in the face of controversy.
In July, the 54 year-old pop star sparred with France's far-right National Front leader Marine Le Pen, 44. No stranger to controversy herself, the telegenic Le Pen - who placed third in France's presidential election this year after succeeding her firebrand father Jean-Marie as party chief - pressed charges after Madonna's July 14 stadium show in Paris projected an image of the politician with a swastika emblazoned on her forehead....
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years