U.S. to search for remains of World War II soldiers in Myanmar
The U.S. military is preparing its first search in eight years for remains of American soldiers lost in Myanmar during World War II, an official said Friday.
The resumption of the search is a product of the revived U.S. ties with the country also known as Burma after its government initiated democratic reforms....
About 730 Americans are missing, mostly U.S. air crews that went down in the rugged northern mountains and dense jungles while flying supplies from India to China....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."