100 years of POTUS press conferences?
NBC and other media are reporting that this year marks the 100th anniversary of the presidential press conference. On NBC Nightly News a clip of Woodrow Wilson was shown. Wilson was said to have been shocked when over 100 reporters showed up for a news conference.
Actually, the first president to hold a news conference on a regular basis was William McKinley. Teddy Roosevelt continued the tradition.
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!