10% of Scots descended from Pictstags: Scotland, Scottish people, The Scotsman (UK), Picts, ancestry
A RECENTLY discovered DNA marker suggests that 10 per cent of Scottish men are directly descended from the Picts, it is revealed today.
Mystery has long surrounded the fate of the tribe of fierce enigmatic people who battled with Rome’s legions before seeming to disappear from history.
Now new research from ScotlandsDNA, an ancestry testing company, has found a marker strongly suggesting for the first time that a large number of descendants of these northern tribes, known as “Picti” by the Romans meaning “Painted Ones”, are living in Scotland....
comments powered by Disqus
- Revealed: how prehistoric 'des res' gave Stone Age Brits a perfect diet
- Chernobyl’s Hot Mess, “the Elephant’s Foot,” Is Still Lethal
- The Soviets had a better record of training women in the STEM fields than America today
- Revealed: The Soviet Union’s $1 Billion ‘Psychotronic’ Arms Race with the US
- Ancient Aussie gun find predates Captain Cook