House GOPer: Biblical flood proves climate change isn’t man-made
Rep. Joe Barton, a Republican from Texas, cited the Bible’s Great Flood as an example of climate change that proves it’s not necessarily man-made.
“I would point out that if you’re a believer in in the Bible, one would have to say the Great Flood is an example of climate change and that certainly wasn’t because mankind had overdeveloped hydrocarbon energy,” Barton said during a Subcommittee on Energy and Power hearing to discuss the Keystone XL pipeline, Buzzfeed reports.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding