The Emigrants' Story: Where It Began
"We want young people to know about people who took this step, to leave their homes for the unknown world," said Andreas Heller, the architect who designed the Bremerhaven museum, describing emigration as "a long journey, and maybe a journey with no coming back."
comments powered by Disqus
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?