Francis to 'open files on Hitler's Pope'tags: Holocaust, Telegraph (UK), Vatican, Pope Francis, Pope Pius XII
Rabbi Abraham Skorka, who has known the Argentine former Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio for 20 years, said he had discussed the role of Pius XII – the man long dubbed as "Hitler's Pope" – at length with the new pontiff.
The Rabbi, who recently co-authored On Heaven and Earth, a book of interviews with his friend, said he had made clear that he thought Pius's legacy ought to be "investigated thoroughly".
"It's a terribly sensitive issue, but he says that it must be investigated thoroughly," he said. "I have no doubt that he will move to open the archives."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Veterans fast vanishing from halls of Congress
- Found yew! The 'oldest tree in Europe' discovered in a Welsh cemetery
- Washington and Lee president apologizes for university's connection to slavery but defends Gen. Robert E. Lee
- ISIS Is About to Destroy Biblical History in Iraq
- Amateur sleuths discover Seminole Indian War fort in Florida Everglades
- Notre Dame professor says 1960s led to dressing down of Americans
- Veteran Journalists Discuss the Passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Historians Against the War draws attention to case of professor investigated for meeting with controversial Palestinian leaders
- American professor denied entry, blacklisted for supporting jailed Uighur professor
- Michael Kazin vs. John Milton Cooper: How Wrong Was Wilson about the Necessity of War?