British Museum launches gay history guidetags: museums, gay history, BBC News, LGBT, British Museum, Simon Russell Beale
The British Museum has launched a guide focusing on elements of homosexuality to be found in its collection.
A Little Gay History draws on objects ranging from ancient Egyptian papyri and the erotic scenes on the Roman Warren Cup to images by David Hockney.
Written by curator Richard Parkinson, it explores artistic portrayals of what it means to be gay and the difficulties in finding records of same-sex desire.
The guide is accompanied by an audio trail featuring Simon Russell Beale....
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I