Student finds ancient statue while searching trash
Can you find a god in a rubbish pile?
That exactly what happened to a first-year archaeology student when he came across an ancient deity statue in northern England.
The figure is similar to the Roman god Antenociticus, though professors think it could also be a homegrown god.
“It’s possibly a Geordie god, though it could have been worshipped at the other end of the wall,” Dr. David Petts told the Press Association. Petts is a lecturer in Archaeology at Durham University....
comments powered by Disqus
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left