Student finds ancient statue while searching trash
Can you find a god in a rubbish pile?
That exactly what happened to a first-year archaeology student when he came across an ancient deity statue in northern England.
The figure is similar to the Roman god Antenociticus, though professors think it could also be a homegrown god.
“It’s possibly a Geordie god, though it could have been worshipped at the other end of the wall,” Dr. David Petts told the Press Association. Petts is a lecturer in Archaeology at Durham University....
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse