Two schoolboys discover Saxon human skeleton while playing in riverBreaking News
tags: Telegraph (UK), Anglo-Saxons, Gloucestershire
Christian Thompson and Robbie Cribley, both 13, originally thought they had found an animal skull, but forensic experts believe the pair happened upon human remains which are 700 years old.
The pair were in their dingy on the River Coln near their homes in Fairford, Gloucestershire, on Sunday evening, when they became stuck in an overhanging tree and saw the skull in the water.
When they returned to the site with local television crews they unearthed the spine, arm bone and the rest of the body....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Tom Engelhardt Revisits His First Piece of Critical History – 48 Years Later
- Heather Cox Richardson: Trump isn’t the first president to compare himself to Jesus — the last one who did ‘planned to lead his white supremacist supporters to victory’
- Historians' archival research looks quite different in the digital age
- Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre Podcast
- The Way We Do the Things We Do: Making History-Making Visible