Two schoolboys discover Saxon human skeleton while playing in rivertags: Telegraph (UK), Anglo-Saxons, Gloucestershire
Christian Thompson and Robbie Cribley, both 13, originally thought they had found an animal skull, but forensic experts believe the pair happened upon human remains which are 700 years old.
The pair were in their dingy on the River Coln near their homes in Fairford, Gloucestershire, on Sunday evening, when they became stuck in an overhanging tree and saw the skull in the water.
When they returned to the site with local television crews they unearthed the spine, arm bone and the rest of the body....
comments powered by Disqus
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in