Two schoolboys discover Saxon human skeleton while playing in riverBreaking News
tags: Telegraph (UK), Anglo-Saxons, Gloucestershire
Christian Thompson and Robbie Cribley, both 13, originally thought they had found an animal skull, but forensic experts believe the pair happened upon human remains which are 700 years old.
The pair were in their dingy on the River Coln near their homes in Fairford, Gloucestershire, on Sunday evening, when they became stuck in an overhanging tree and saw the skull in the water.
When they returned to the site with local television crews they unearthed the spine, arm bone and the rest of the body....
comments powered by Disqus
- How Minneapolis made Prince
- This Art Was Looted 123 Years Ago. Will It Ever Be Returned?
- 75 Years After Auschwitz Liberation, Worry That ‘Never Again’ Is Not Assured
- Marker will honor civil rights activist Fannie Lou Hamer
- The Titanic Wreck Will Now Be Protected Under a 'Momentous Agreement' With the U.S.
- The Future of the Academy at the Association of American Colleges and Universities
- The Way We Write History Has Changed
- Rethinking How We Train Historians
- Building a digital archive for decaying paper documents, preserving centuries of records about enslaved people
- The Radical Lives of Abolitionists