An 83-year-old woman in Pennsylvania said she had her father’s arm in the basement.
Doughboy’s artificial arm makes its way back to Kansas Citytags: World War I, artifacts, Liberty Memorial, doughboys
Oh yeah, Doran Cart wanted it.
It was a prosthetic limb once used by an American soldier wounded in battle during the First World War.
“We didn’t have anything like this in the collection,” said Cart, senior curator at the National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial. “It’s a personal item. It shows the humanity and the remnants of war.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90