Restored Mary Pickford film to be screened in New Hampshiretags: Mary Pickford
Seven years ago, a contractor was commissioned to tear down a decaying barn in the small New Hampshire town of Nelson. Before destroying the building, he checked out the barn to make sure it was empty.
On the second floor were an old film projector and seven reels of highly volatile nitrate films that weren't even stored in cans. Four of the films had been considered lost including the 1911 Mary Pickford short "Their First Misunderstanding," a comedy-drama about a newlywed couple's first argument....
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets